Are you a
or CTA student
studying towards your
Join a leading JSE-listed
group that operates in
highly specialised, digitally
verticals, for a unique
ABOUT TRANSACTION CAPITAL
At Transaction Capital, we are catalysts of unconventional potential. We invest in and operate high-potential businesses in markets with historically low levels of client service and trust. This gives us untapped opportunities for disruption, innovation, and high returns.
Our businesses apply their experience, specialised expertise, technology, and data advantages to provide competitive and innovative solutions in order to deliver outstanding commercial benefits to clients and to drive the positive and progressive transformation of their industries. This approach enables the group to consistently generate strong financial rewards for our stakeholders.
What you will need to qualify for our CA training programme
or a similar degree
with participation and
interests outside of
Frequently Asked Questions
- We are looking for “decidedly different” graduates that are interested in chartering a non-traditional CA path.
- Graduates with a CTA or BCom Accounting degree (or similar).
- Graduates that are entrepreneurial: thinkers and doers.
- Well-rounded, with participation and interest outside of academics.
- Strong academic background.
- Our recruitment initiatives run throughout the year.
- Candidates currently doing their CTA need to apply on time to meet the closing deadline set out to be able to join the July CA Immersion Programme for an opportunity to be selected to join our CA Training Programme for the upcoming intake.
- Candidates who are still busy with their BCom or equivalent degree are eligible to apply and join our July Immersion Programme and applications may be reopened again in September of each year to start accepting applications to be considered in the next year.
- The application link below is integrated to Leaply, an online application platform that makes it really simple to apply for available opportunities.
- The application platform allows you to securely upload you ID copy, photograph, matric results, university transcripts and write a bio to highlight your outstanding qualities and achievements.
- Candidates receive notifications from the platform at every step from initial shortlist, video interview and final shortlist for an opportunity to attend our Immersion Programme where, if successful you will be offered a CA Training contract. Should your application be unsuccessful, you will receive a notification of such outcome from the platform.
- Applications are processed continuously as they are received and once applications are closed, please expect to hear from our CA programme team within 5-7 days and then continuously until a decision is taken.
- Further detail and timelines will be communicated to successful candidates.
- Yes, vacation work called our CA Immersion Programme, is offered annually during the June/July university semester break.
- The CA Immersion Programme is our primary selection tool for identifying candidates to offer training contracts to join our CA Training Programme.
- During the CA Immersion Programme, selected candidates get an opportunity to experience the workings of our divisions at WeBuyCars, SA Taxi, Nutun and the Transaction Capital head office. Candidates get to meet some of our senior executives and get a chance to ask questions about the business. Assessments and panel interviews are conducted during the CA Immersion Programme and successful candidates are offered CA training contracts for the year after they complete CTA.
- Yes. Please follow the link below to view the opportunity available to first and second year students who are currently enrolled in a SAICA accredited accounting degree.
- Transaction Capital offers what was historically known as TOPP (Training Outside of Public Practice) articles. Under the new SAICA framework, TIPP and TOPP are not referred to anymore.
- We offer our trainees dynamic and relevant technical exposure which enables them to develop the proficiencies required under SAICA’s CA2025 Competency Framework.
- The CA Training Programme will consist of 6-monthly rotations through various business functions at head office (facing the JSE) and through our subsidiary businesses SA Taxi, WeBuyCars and Nutun.
- Study support will be provided for your APC exam.
- Career support will be provided by the CA Programme team, your assigned mentor as well as management.
- We accept between 10 and 15 trainees a year.
- If you are not a South African citizen, we require a copy of a permanent residence permit or valid work permit to process the application. Please upload this with your documents.
- Our trainee salaries are market-related and include competitive staff benefits.
How to apply
To be considered for our CA Training Programme, students must first apply to be part of our CA Immersion Programme. The CA Immersion Programme is our primary selection tool for identifying candidates to offer training contracts to join our CA Training Programme.
To learn more about our CA Immersion Programme CLICK HERE.
Meet your training officer Hazel
BAcc (Hons), CA(SA), MBL candidate (UNISA School of Business Leadership)
Hazel joined Transaction Capital as an Executive in the capacity of CA Training Officer with effect from 1 October 2022. Hazel is a Chartered Accountant (SA) with more than 13 years’ experience in the profession and has a passion for people development and mentorship which led to her career purpose as a CA Training Officer. Hazel has more than 6 years’ experience in managing CA Training Programmes and is instrumental in ensuring SAICA regulations are adhered to throughout the CA Training Programme lifecycle, and she is a key role player in fostering a conducive learning environment for Transaction Capital to produce competent future CAs and high potential leaders.