Are you a BCom Accounting or CTA degree student studying towards your CA qualiﬁcation?
over a number of days within Transaction Capital and its divisions to gain exposure to the inner workings of a JSE-listed group.
ABOUT TRANSACTION CAPITAL
At Transaction Capital, we are catalysts of unconventional potential. We invest in and operate high-potential businesses in markets with historically low levels of client service and trust. This gives us untapped opportunities for disruption, innovation, and high returns.
Our businesses apply their experience, specialised expertise, technology, and data advantages to provide competitive and innovative solutions in order to deliver outstanding commercial benefits to clients and to drive the positive and progressive transformation of their industries. This approach enables the group to consistently generate strong financial rewards for our stakeholders.
During the CA Immersion Programme, you will have an opportunity to get exposure to Transaction Capital and all its subsidiaries SA Taxi, WeBuyCars and Nutun.
You will have an opportunity to hear from senior executives in the business, engage in fun activities with other like-minded students and get a chance to fast-track your ability to join a highly specialised and digitally advantaged group once you complete your studies.
Application requirements & process
Our CA Immersion Programme is aimed at an exclusive group of candidates who meet the following criteria:
- 3rd and final year students who are studying towards a SAICA accredited degree
- Strong academic record with over 60% average
- Participation and interests outside of academics
- Maverick thinkers with an entrepreneurial mindset
Online application via Leaply
Submit application by 31 May including copy of ID, Matric results, Academic transcript and a photograph to upload when completing your profile.
If shortlisted, you will be asked to complete a video interview by 10 June.
Final selection will be
made by the
Frequently Asked Questions
- No, we are using the CA Immersion Programme as our primary selection tool for identifying candidates to offer training contracts to join our CA Training Programme.
Undergraduate students who attend our CA Immersion Programme and are successful in our selection process, will be offered training contracts for future pipeline intakes of our CA Training Programme.
- You will get exposure to the workings of each of our divisions, including SA Taxi, WeBuyCars, Nutun and the Transaction Capital head office.
- You will also meet some of senior executives and get a chance to ask questions about the business. During the programme, you will also engage in some recreational activities within the businesses.
- You will participate in group and individual assessments and at the end of the programme panel interviews are conducted to complete the selection process.
- Our CA Immersion programme runs during the June/July university semester break.
- The exact dates get communicated to shortlisted candidates well in advance and the selected dates are scheduled in a week where the semester break aligns for various universities.
- Travel and accommodation can be provided for those who require it.
- If you are eligible for our upcoming CA training programme intake, you may still be considered for the CA Training Programme if you are an exceptional top achiever.
- If you are eligible for future intakes, you can apply to attend the CA Immersion Programme in the following year.
- Our recruitment initiatives run throughout the year.
- Candidates currently doing their CTA need to apply on time to meet the closing deadline set out, to be able to join the July CA Immersion Programme for an opportunity to be selected to join our CA Training Programme for the upcoming intake.
- Candidates who are still busy with their BCom or equivalent degree are eligible to apply and join our July Immersion Programme and applications may be reopened again in September of each year to start accepting applications to be considered in the next year.
- The application link below is integrated to Leaply, an online application platform that makes it really simple to apply for available opportunities.
- The application platform allows you to securely upload you ID copy, photograph, matric results, university transcripts and write a bio to highlight your outstanding qualities and achievements.
- Candidates receive notifications from the platform at every step from initial shortlist, video interview and final shortlist for an opportunity to attend our Immersion Programme where, if successful you will be offered a CA Training contract. Should your application be unsuccessful, you will receive a notification of such outcome from the platform.
- Applications are processed continuously as they are received and once applications are closed, please expect to hear from our CA programme team within 5-7 days and then continuously until a decision is taken.
- Further detail and timelines will be communicated to successful candidates.
- If you are not a South African citizen, we require a copy of a permanent residence permit or valid work permit to process the application. Please upload this with your documents.
No, you will not be paid for your attendance at the CA Immersion Programme, Transaction Capital will cover the transport, meals and accommodation needs of candidates during the programme.